Frequently Asked Questions

In the Erasmus+ Learning Mobility programme, students enrolled in a higher education institution that has  an Erasmus Charter for Higher Education (ECHE) that provides formal education in Turkey can study as an exchange student in another European country for 1 or 2 semesters within an academic year.

Student Traineeship Mobility is a programme in which a student currently enrolled in a higher education institution is given the opportunity to do an internship abroad in a business, a research institute, a laboratory or an institution or organization related to the field of academic study.

  • Overseas experience
  • Studying in a multicultural environment
  • Learning about different cultures
  • Introducing your own culture
  • Making international friends
  • Expanding business/professional network after education
  • Being a student at a different university
  • Improving your foreign language/ Increasing self-confidence

Yes, you can. The period of learning mobility during the Erasmus+ 2014-2020 period and the learning mobility period during the Erasmus+ 2021-2027 period cannot exceed 12 months in total.

The application dates and conditions of Erasmus+ Learning or Traineeship Mobility will be announced on our website every year. Within the scope of the new term, students must have 2.20/4 CGPA for undergraduate and associate degree, and 2.5/4 CGPA for graduate and doctoral degrees as a minimum requirement for the selection of students.

Standards regarding GPA have been determined by the National Agency and European Union Programme executives, and the required GPA is stated in the application announcements.

Students enrolled in the Double Major Program can only apply from one major. Students enrolled in the Minor Program can only apply from the Major Program.

If your department/faculty does not have an Erasmus Bilateral Agreement, please contact your Erasmus department/faculty coordinator before the final application date.

No, department/school/institute coordinators and/or Erasmus+ Office Coordinator conduct the correspondence for bilateral agreements.

Within the scope of Erasmus+ mobility, students can only go to partner universities abroad that the universities have agreements with. However, if there is no bilateral agreement with the university you want to attend, we can arrange a bilateral agreement with the country/university you choose as long as you inform the Erasmus+ Office Coordinator about the university.

Within the scope of Erasmus+ Learning and Traineeship Mobility, you can stay abroad for a minimum of 2 months and a maximum of 12 months.

The monthly Erasmus+ grants to be received by students who have the right to study abroad with Erasmus+ are determined by the National Agency before the relevant academic year starts. Relevant grant amounts are announced each academic year during the application period. In addition, the grant amount for each participant varies according to the number of days of mobility.

No, Erasmus grant is limited to monthly grant amounts determined by countries. Apart from this, no grants/payments will be given.

Passport and visa procedures are under the responsibility of the students. During the application, attention should be paid to the completion of all required documents announced by the consulate/embassy of the destination country. For the financial guarantee statement required by some countries, the consular letter stating that the student is an Erasmus+ student and that the student is financially supported in this context by the amount of monthly grant may facilitate obtaining the visa.

Accommodation options vary according to the country and university. In order to arrange accommodation during the Erasmus period, the host university does not have to provide accommodation for international students, but most of them reserve a dormitory room and provide information on off-campus accommodation if students apply on time. The International Office of the partner institution will give you information and advice on where to stay, accommodation options at the university and in the city. You should follow the information provided about accommodation, and if no suitable option is offered, you should search for other accommodation options  on your own.

Yes. If there is a student tuition fee at your own university, you have to pay it. However, you cannot select the courses.

No. The host university cannot demand any enrollment, examination or tuition fees from the incoming student within the scope of the Erasmus+ programme. However, an additional payment may be requested for the use of various materials such as insurance, discounted transportation fee, photocopy of academic materials, use of laboratory products.